Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tuesday, April 16

Journal - What do you know about building and creating a website? Have you ever done it before?  List qualities of a well designed and well functioning website.
  I've never made a website before. I mean, I don't know if creating a bog counts as creating a website. Even before I created this blog, I had another blog on Tumblr. With creating blogs, I know it's really easy and fun and you can choose from different layouts and themes and stuff. But websites, I'm not so sure, since I've never made my own website before. Building websites must be more difficult than making blogs. You probably need to know a lot about creating html codes. That, I know none.
  Well functioning websites include tools that are easy to navigate, reliable search bars, and links that are organized out well. Obviously, a good website needs tools that are easy to navigate so people know where to go and how to use your website. Reliable search bars are important so people can get what they're looking for. I've been to websites before that have "custom Google search" but it's not custom at all. If someone wants to search for something that is specifically in the website and not just briefly on Google, they should be able to do that. And last, links that are organized well, because it's always good to have a sidebar with categories so people can access things easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment